It’s that time of year again, as the industry gets out the crystal ball, and places bets for the next 12 months in Digital. Then of course waits to be proved wrong, as it doesn’t turn into the fabled “Year of Mobile”… yet again! (Disclaimer: It will probably actually be the “Year of Mobile” this year.)
With this in mind, below is the annual digital trends roundup for 2014. Asia is covered in depth across the content, but many trends are global, and we have reflected that in the choice of material.
We will be returning to this topic in future months. For now, enjoy.
JWT: 100 Things to Watch in 2014 and 10 Trends for 2014
It’s around this time of year that the traditional intelligence and research agencies really show their worth. Edible Packaging, Heads-Up Movement and Haptic Technologies are just a few items from JWT’s comprehensive annual list of things to watch for the year ahead. Tasty.
Great takeaway Slideshare presentation.
Trendspotting: Asian Consumer Trends 2014
Handpicked selection of 5 unmissable Asian consumer trends for 2014 from Trendspotting.
Emarketer: Key Digital Trends for 2014
Emarketer’s guide to the challenges of marketing to the always-on, increasingly mobile-centric consumer in 2014.
Havas: Social Media Trends 2014
Overview of the year ahead in social from Havas Media Singapore.
Below are the best available resources covering Digital trends for 2014 that didn’t quite make it into our summary. From articles focusing on Asia, to wider industry guides that have relevance for our markets.
- The always excellent Digiday highlight seven worldwide media trends for 2014
- Exchange and programmatic trading thoughts in Asia for 2014 from SpotXchange on ClickZ
- The Next Web looks at tech trends for Southeast Asia in 2014
- More social media trends from Mumbrella Asia
- Forbes list of the top online marketing trends for the year ahead
- Global Social Media ad trends for 2014 on eMarketer with a great takeaway from Wildfire
- Performance marketing trends from the Economic Times in India
- Martin Sorrell of WPP outlines his financial forecast for 2014 in Ad Age
- Time presents a “users’ guide” to the year ahead, including a look at what lies ahead for babies born this year and the biggest new tech products
- GigaOM and Digital Trends outline trends in gaming for 2014
- Chetan Sharma list of predictions for mobile in 2014 and also takes a look back at last year’s highlights for the industry
- 7 key marketing trends for 2014 and tactics for thriving in the New Year from Silverpop
As above, we will be returning to this topic next week. For the moment, enjoy and Happy New Year!