While 2021 was gaming’s biggest year yet — and also the year the metaverse really stepped into the spotlight — 2022 promises to be even bigger.
Blockchain, NFTs and play-to-earn will be massive as Web3 comes to gaming, alongside developments in esports and streaming.
Some of the key trends include:
- Play-to-earn will become a more viable business model
- Blockchain will become more prominent in esports
- Mobile esports will continue to grow
- Co-Streaming will grow into a common marketing strategy for brands
- Consolidation in cloud gaming is on the horizon
- Metaverse investment and M&A activity will accelerate in 2022
Check out this overview from Newzoo to find out more.