COVID19 has had a huge impact on the digital consumption habits of people in Myanmar.
Consumers have broadened their adoption of new technology to support their requirements from increasing digital entertainment including mobile games and online video, to online shopping and food delivery.
A recent report from Myanmar advertising platform Humology took a deep-dive into the detail:
- There are now 35 million total online consumers in Myanmar, with only 22 million on Facebook
- 56% of consumers now go online multiple times every day –
an increase of 75% since COVID19
- 80% of consumers have added a new app on their smartphone since COVID19
- 71% of consumers now watch online video every day – an increase from 42% since COVID19
- 69% have increased video streaming on online video platforms such as OTT and CTV
- 65% are playing more games on their smartphones and tablets – interestingly 52% of the mobile gaming audience are female
- 72% play mobile games every day with a 37% increase in consumers playing multiple times per day
- Social platforms are trusted by only 46% of consumers whereas local websites are trusted by 75% of consumers
Evolving consumer behaviour will result in changes in how marketers choose to execute in Myanmar, with more of a focus on online video, mobile gaming and ecommerce.
Full report below.