There are 240 million Muslims in Southeast Asia and 600 million Muslims in South Asia, representing a $2.2 trillion dollar market, and with Ramadan just around the corner, brands are racing to stand out in the busiest season of the year.
Digital platform ADA have put together some useful research covering how marketers can reach consumers during this period.
Ramadan Digital Trends 2020 [PDF]
A few key Ramadan trends for marketers in Southeast Asia and South Asia:
- Travel to hometowns is common – but travel patterns may differ by country.
- Visits to mosques, prayer rooms and cemeteries shift.
- The usage of religious apps fluctuates.
- Muslims start eating out less.
- Last minute buying of big-ticket items.
- Muslims are searching for different content at different times